La Practicerie is a community of people who want to play really well but who would like help with practice organization and self-scheduling. It augments self-discipline with group motivation and helps people to practice and perfect their music.
Members gather at the Pacticerie room or sign-on to videochat from their homes. They then practice their own separate pieces of music and share progress with one another.
Members also avail themselves of the practice chef, a music mentor who provides helpful teaching and feedback.
He provides guidance in:
- Breaking down tricky passages into perfectable components
- Identifying how to practice a component
- Knowing how long to practice it
- Deciding what constitutes perfection
- Re-assembling the perfected components into a perfect passage
To register for the practicerie, please email Malcolm Brooks at firstname.lastname@example.org
There is a modest fee to join.
See you there!